PLC Health and Wellness Success Story
Cap and Gown Information for Graduating Seniors
A representative from Herff Jones will be at Patriot Learning Center on Monday, May 12, 2014 from 2:00pm to 3:30pm handing out caps, gowns and any other materials you may have purchased. If you are unable to be at PLC at this time, please make arrangements to come in and pick up your cap and gown by calling 495-5505.
Click on the following links for more information
about each of the programs at Patriot Learning Center
Day High School
Night High School
Please refer to the following enrollment process at Patriot Learning Center:
Mr. Wilke will make the final decision on whether a student is accepted into PLC. Please feel free and contact me personally if you have any questions or concerns at 495-5508. If there are any changes to the information listed below I will contact you. Thank you for your support in helping us educate our students!
1. Zone Leader, Administration or Counselor refers student to PLC. Walk in appointments are also accepted.
2. Have parent call 495-5505 to schedule an appointment.
3. All parents have agreed and signed a contract to maintain enrollment for an entire calendar school year. If a parent decides to check a student out prior to this, we do not have control. We are willing to set or attend a transition meeting between PLC and the Home School. We will encourage parents to continue student enrollment at PLC.
This is due to the nature of the following:
- Quarterly based schedule
- Ease of transition between schools
- Points regulated grading system.
PLC Day High School
Students will only be admitted prior to the following start dates listed below. All students in the day High School must be successful in GENESIS (affective program) before being admitted into day HS. This is a 5 day class that concentrates on social issues and other affective needs to ensure success at PLC. Without passing this class students will be placed on a waiting list for our next GENESIS.
August 1, September 30, January 6, March 3 (this may or may not happen depending on student numbers).
If students look to enroll at PLC after the 4 dates listed above, they will given the following options: (We are willing to meet with home school administration and families to discuss options).
- Night School
- Online Studies
- Independent Studies
- Wait listed for Day High School or Middle School
- Return to their home school
PLC Night High School
Open Enrollment, Year Round
After spring break students will be offered different options and we will accommodate them the best we can. If parents are not satisfied with the options we will discuss other options available in the district.
PLC Middle School
Open Enrollment, throughout the year and capping at 15 students/class. Our 8th grade class has 2 classes with 15 in each class. Special Circumstances: Students on IEP's and 504's will be admitted only if we are able to accommodate their needs. (IEP's may be amended in order for us to accommodate a students needs without jeopardizing the well being of the student)
1. Provide parents or student with our phone number 495-5505 and have them call us to schedule an appointment to meet with a PLC Administrator or Counselor.
2. Fill out an initial application.
3. Check out of current school.
4. Our counselor will request documentation and transcripts.
5. We will set up a schedule, start date and orientation date for each student. (all day high school students must complete and pass GENESIS)
6. Dual enrollment will not be permitted unless building administrators at both sites agree to dual enrollment
7. Each student from outside the district must complete an enrollment packet with Central Office.